Welcome to the USR Forum

Started by Mr Rizla, February 11, 2010, 03:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Rizla

February 11, 2010, 03:21:20 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:34:18 PM by Mr Rizla@TLB
For some time now its been felt that the USR's need an area all for themselves and here it is.

USR's originally were created to support the Unity ride but as with all good things the program has grown beyond just Unity and now supports other major events through out the year, so this site has been created to give the USR program better, clearer visibility.

We have many ideas and plans on further improvements and if you have suggestions feel free to share them and we will do our utmost to include them.

Safe Riding.

USR Admin Team

peeledballoon

Trout@TLB

StormingNorm-LAM

Very well done Ken, much appreciated and a plus with no annoying back ground music ;)

Tommo055

Hi, my name is Tom. I live in the Bexleyheath area. Recently bought a new bike BMW S1000R (excellent bike) and would like to ride it more often with other bikers. I am interested in joining USR. Whats the process??
Thanks

Charlesm USR06

Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum and to Unity Support Riders.  Someone more senior than I will be along shortly I am sure to talk you through the next steps of joining but it usually involves coming along to one of our events as an "associate" to get a feel for how we work and what we do. You'll be paired with an experienced USR on the day so that you can see how everything works.

They will also be assessing your riding and mindset and this feedback will go on to your rider record which goes towards you getting your own rider number in due course, although you will need to have attended several events and a training day (held in the spring) for this to be issued.

It is a requirement of joining that you hold an advanced riding qualification (usually IAM or RoSPA). Have you done any additional training since passing your test?

Chris Pine USR09

Hi Tom, Ive sent you an Email re joining USRs

Galewindsor

Hello, I am Paul and I live in Sunbury on Thames in Surrey (j1 of M3).  I currently ride a Honda VFR800 Crossrunner.  Ridden bikes since I was 16, with a few gaps.  Passed my Standard Police riding course with the Met Police, I was 9 years in Traffic and retired after 26 years in 2014. Now a London cabbie  :D .
Hopefully will be at the Oakdene for the Lee Rigby event.

Charlesm USR06

Welcome Paul!

[/size][size=78%]The Lee Rigby ride is an important event in the USR calendar so do come along and see how it all works. [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]I will not be able to attend myself but I hope you have a good day and I look forward to meeting you at another event. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.[/size]