Chinnor Bike Dayz

Started by Paulie, June 02, 2010, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

Hi everyone.

Anne and I are involved with the Wycombe MAG Chinnor Bike Dayz. There is a ride in from "Thame Services" on Saturday 3rd July with possibly 50 - 100 bikes taking part. We could really use some help from the USR team to marshall this ride, most of it is fairly straightforward, but there is one dodgy bend on the route. If anybody is up for this can you contact either Anne or I, the ride congrgates at about 10-00am and is due to depart at 11-00. It's about a 45 minute run, and I'll buy anyone who helps a beer or coffee.

Thanks in advance.

Paul and Anne Merrett

jimc-MAG

BM BOB

Should be available, but will confirm closer to the day

Julian Barker [Giuliano] USR 10

Bang in the middle of my holiday so won't be there I am afraid.

Paulie

Thanks guys, I'll post the details nearer the date (when I get them).

Big hugs to Grandma for sending out the e-mail.

Regards

Paul & Anne

STEM

I'll tail-end for you mate.

STEM

Johnj

Put me down for this one.

JJ

Johny

Sorry cant help ,there is a ride from Newlands on the 4th July to Woolich by AJS owners group.
Its there 100 year anniversary.
Johny

GINGER@TLB

sorry cant help on this will be on the field that day running around like a headless chicken ....lol

Top Cat

Hi P&A. I'm hoping to be available for this one to do a bit of junction marking for you, but I'll confirm nearer the time. I take it that you two are leading, and if Stem is "lanterne rouge" you'll have no trouble! Best wishes, John T.
The USR Team - the impossible we do at once! We need a fortnight's notice for miracles!

Paulie

Hi everyone, thanks for the help etc. Anne and I have been to France for a holiday so I've not had a chance to log on and now it's awful short notice.

Anne and I will be camping (in a tent) on the rally ground as from Wednesday, so will be at Chinnor from reasonably early on the Saturday, (there's a beer tent). We'll be leaving Chinnor at 10-00ish to head for "Thame services" which is on the B4011, near the roundabout with the A4129, A418. The route to Chinnor from the services will be:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road+to:B4011%2FThame+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:Bell+Ln+to:Cornmarket+to:51.745034,-0.973706+to:B4445%2FChinnor+Rd+to:B4009%2FStation+Rd+to:Haw+Ln+to:High+St+to:Duke+St+to:A4129%2FLongwick+Rd+to:B4009%2FLower+Icknield+Way&hl=en&geocode=FZa_FQMd2gzx_w%3BFVa-FQMdfAvx_w%3BFVq7FQMdIhLx_w%3BFe6jFQMdahPx_w%3BFSegFQMd9gnx_w%3BFaCXFQMd7hbx_w%3B%3BFbJ2FQMdYlfx_w%3BFUXmFAMdjyHy_w%3BFTCaFAMdWFrz_w%3BFeI-FQMd3U7z_w%3BFX1EFQMdTUzz_w%3BFctnFQMd1APz_w%3BFRJTFQMdauny_w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=6&sz=16&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12&sll=51.745034,-0.970938&sspn=0.00748,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=51.720435,-0.904999&spn=0.160154,0.43808&z=12

The white dots are the junctions that need to be marked.

My phone number is:

07740195550 if you need any more info, Ginge will be with us and I have a plot of the route on my Garmin.

Thanks ever so much to all who will be here to help us, and I really do mean that.

Cheers

Paul & Anne

PS I've arranged for STUNNING weather.  ::)

Top Cat

Mmmmmm! Chinnor Hill........Nice! :-\ ;D

I'll be there, Paul, I'm planning to get there well early to ride the route a couple of times before the start. See you at Thame Services.

Annie, can I put in an order for a huge Cappucino with a side-order of Jelly Babies?
Kind regards, John T.
The USR Team - the impossible we do at once! We need a fortnight's notice for miracles!

Paulie

No prob, in fact Annie has extended her repertoire to include Jelly beans, one of our holiday mates was a veggy and they are ok for veggies.

Paul

Johnj

I'm still up for this one.

Anyone else riding up from the SE/London area?

JJ

Paulie

Ok all, here's the format:

Anne and I will be bringing some bikes out from the Chinnor field at about 10-15 on Saturday morning. We'll be meeting at the so called "Thame Services" (A on the map) by about 10-45. Due to depart from Thame at 11-30 for the ride through the villages to Chinnor. Often get local support, pedestrians etc, and a great group of bikers. Might have some room if any one wants to camp. Look forward to seeing you all,

thanks again,

Paul M

Grandma

June 30, 2010, 11:05:55 PM #15 Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:51:15 AM by Grandma
 This looks like Esso Garage Aylesbury Road, Town Centre, Thame OX9 3SB ???
More info with this link:
http://www.wycombemag.co.uk/chinnor/

List of USR's so far:  CHIINNOR BIKE DAYZ RIDE

IAN CAMPBELL

• CHRISTINE BOTLEY
3. DENIS MURPHY (no vest)
4. BOB TOBIAS
5. PAUL HILTON
6. JOHN THOMSON
7 JIM CROWTHER
8. STEVE MARSH

See you there 8)

Quote from: Paulie on June 30, 2010, 02:32:07 PM
Ok all, here's the format:

Anne and I will be bringing some bikes out from the Chinnor field at about 10-15 on Saturday morning. We'll be meeting at the so called "Thame Services" (A on the map) by about 10-45. Due to depart from Thame at 11-30 for the ride through the villages to Chinnor. Often get local support, pedestrians etc, and a great group of bikers. Might have some room if any one wants to camp. Look forward to seeing you all,

thanks again,

Paul M

Johnj

Quote from: Johnj on June 03, 2010, 06:54:02 PM
Put me down for this one.

JJ

Ahem.......

I could start taking this personally Christine  ;) 8)

Julian Barker [Giuliano] USR 10

I did think of posting on your behalf, then thought - "No! Let him take it personally!"  :)

Johnj

Oooowwww....I am, Julian!!!!!!

I was so cross I nearly folded my arms but calmed down in time to take it out on a cup of tea and a scone. ;D

Grandma

Quote from: Johnj on July 01, 2010, 03:13:03 PM

Ahem.......

I could start taking this personally Christine  ;) 8)
:-[  I am sure I can make it up to you :-*
1.IAN CAMPBELL
2. CHRISTINE BOTLEY
3. DENIS MURPHY (no vest)
4. BOB TOBIAS
5. PAUL HILTON
6. JOHN THOMSON
7 JIM CROWTHER
8. STEVE MARSH
9. JOHN JACQUES 8) 

jimc-MAG

Just back from Italy (5000km on a Vespa!) and had totally forgotten about this.  Sorry chaps, I probably won't make it, but *if* I wake up in time (and I will try) I'll be at the 'services' by 11:00.

Weaver@TLB

Sorry guys - RO is covering for a staff member who is sick as well as his own job so we can't make it either.

STEM

July 03, 2010, 03:01:48 PM #22 Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:22:18 PM by STEM@TLB
Well done everyone, I really enjoyed today. 

Amazing how smooth things can go when they just let us 'do our thang'.

Oh and a picture from todays ride.

Top Cat

Steve, is that horse A, B, C, or D  ;D ??? ?

jimc-MAG

I woke up in time according to my alarm clock - but I must have fucked-up with time zones.

So sorry and rather embarrassed to have been a no-show. :(