New Rider Introductions

Started by Mr Rizla, April 07, 2011, 05:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Rizla

Welcome new forum member, why not tell us a little about yourself..

woody

Hi all , I'm Mik Wood aka Woody.. I'm the Essex rep for the Ride of Respct team .. I'm looking to join the USR, and I'm also looking for USR riders in my area to help with charity rides out and next years Essex ride of Respect.. I have also got a group of mates that helped with the marshaling on this years Essex RoR and would like them to get trained in marshaling for next years ride.. Any help would be greatfull as I'm not to positive on what to do now lol.. Woody

STEM

Woody I have emailed you so that we can get together for a chat.

STEM

Carl

Hi ya all, I am Carl from Somerset, I have wanted to get into being a marshall for a while now and have had no luck with finding courses in my area, can you help me in any, i would like to be able to help out more with the South west air ambulance runs that here seems to be a lot of. Thanks in advance

Carl

Weaver@TLB

Carl can you pm me an e-mail address please?  Thanks

Yoshi

Heyup, am Dan and i live in The Lake District.

Thought i would pop in and look at joining, as i have not long been riding but dont mind doing the marshalling stuff :)

Mr Rizla

Weaver@TLB

Steve M

Hello all.  I'm Steve M and I live in Salisbury.  I've been a SERV rider for some years and have my IAM and Blue Light qualifications and have just updated my FBOS, so I thought I'd get back to making more use of it all.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

Mr Rizla

Welcome on board, are you going to the machine control day on Sunday?

Steve M

Hi, yes I am, so I'm looking forward to meeting people there.

Mr Rizla

Hi, A reminder to new forum members, make yourself known to me, send me a pm and I will enable access to the restricted USR section on the forum, thanks

Chris

Hi - I'm Chris, I live in Portsmouth , I ride for SERV and am due to do my IAM test shortly. Great to be part of such a worthwhile group. I met some of you at Bordon on the 2nd June for the slow riding, and again on Sunday 9th at the Round the Harbours event in the Portsmouth area. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. See you all again soon. Chris

Weaver@TLB

STEM

Hi Chris. Sorry didnt get to chat much on Sunday but it's great to have you with us.

Nigel-USR53-SAM/SERV

Hi I am Nigel Unsworth  I live in Winchester, only just round to signing up to this forum. I am a member of SERV Wessex region.. and Solent Advanced Motorcyclists. Enjoyed the slow riding at Borden, also had a good day at Round the Harbours cycle marshalling yesterday. on a side note, at the end of the day I had quite a chat With a guy from the British heart foundation called Martin, he was very pleased with the support he received from us and the static marshals. A  lot of the cyclists told him that they found our presence very reassuring and when assistance needed we were very helpful. So that sounds like a pat on the back for us. I will be attending the ROR next week so looking forward to meeting new faces.
that's enough ramblings from me
cheers Nigel
GS'ing again!

Chris

Just put the WeRide app on my phone, and joined the Unity Riders group, but it wont let me use my name! I've gone under the name of Jockinlaw as, being a wee Scottish lass thats what my in-laws called me! I'll change my name on this forum too so that no-one is confused.com (especially me).

ymfb

I'm another Steve from Salisbury.  I'm also a SERV Wessex rider and know a few guys on here already from that.  I helped at last weekends on the Havant to Fareham leg of the Portsmouth round the harbour event and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm also a RoSPA tutor with Wiltshire RoADAR.

Hope to see you all again soon.

stevephi

Hi and welcome to all the new members - quite a few Steve's now  ;)

Sorry I wasn't able to do the MCD and meet you all, was getting soaking wet in Austria! Hopefully get a chance this weekend.

-Steve

Mr Rizla

o dont worry, we going to get soaked this weekend also, just so u feel comfy :D

Weaver@TLB

Quote from: Mr Rizla@TLB on June 13, 2013, 12:33:29 PM
o dont worry, we going to get soaked this weekend also, just so u feel comfy :D

I'll be dry!!!!!!!! :) :)

cimbian

Hi,
My name is Steve and I live in Felpham on the South Coast.

Took part in the RoR 2013 which is where I first heard about you guys so joined to learn a bit more.

Current ride: 2001 650 Honda TransAlp.

Weaver@TLB

Anthony29

Hi my name is Tony and I live in Hastings. I have only been riding for 2 years now and use my bike to commute all year round. I heard of this group through the FB page on the M25 poppy ride (which intrigued me straight away and will attend). I just wanted to learn a bit more and see if I can be of any help even though with 2 small children I don't have bucket loads of free time (I wish). I ride with others from the forum Kent and Sussex bikers as much as i can, which I enjoy. Nice to do something other than just getting to and from work.

I must admit though I believe I might be a little under qualified  :-\. Was curioys what SERV that most people seem to be members of,  stands for?

Nigel-USR53-SAM/SERV

Quote from: Anthony29 on October 23, 2013, 03:32:36 PM
Hi my name is Tony and I live in Hastings. I have only been riding for 2 years now and use my bike to commute all year round. I heard of this group through the FB page on the M25 poppy ride (which intrigued me straight away and will attend). I just wanted to learn a bit more and see if I can be of any help even though with 2 small children I don't have bucket loads of free time (I wish). I ride with others from the forum Kent and Sussex bikers as much as i can, which I enjoy. Nice to do something other than just getting to and from work.

I must admit though I believe I might be a little under qualified  :-\ . Was curioys what SERV that most people seem to be members of,  stands for?
Hi there and welcome SERV stands for service by emergency rider volunteers aka Blood Bikers. we deliver blood and plasma etc to hospitals at night and weekends. :)
GS'ing again!