New Rider Introductions

Started by Mr Rizla, April 07, 2011, 05:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Rizla

Charlesm USR06

Hi All

My name is Charles May and I have just passed my RoSPA test, thanks to my observer and fellow USR member Steve Hyde (USR54, ymfb on here).

I currently volunteer with Wessex 4x4 Response but as we normally only deploy during the winter months I have been looking for something similar that will get me out on the bike more during the rest of the year.

My current ride is a Triumph ST 1050 and hopefully I can make myself useful!

Mr Rizla

Charlesm USR06

Thanks Mr Rizla.

What is the next step for a newbie such as myself please? I might be able to attend the ride on October 5th, Bournemouth to Wincanton if that would be appropriate?

Mr Rizla

we need a police background check on u, if u not on there naughty list u not trying hard enough.. or send a pm to chris pine

Charlesm USR06

No worries, I have a recent certificate for that as I've just become a Postmaster. I'm in touch with Chris already so will send it over.

BTW, are all forum members required to pass the verification check each time they post, or does it stop once I have a certain number of posts?

Mr Rizla

should only happen I thinkbfor 1dt 5 posts

Charlesm USR06

I was hoping you'd say something like that!

Trout@TLB

Quote from: Mr Rizla - USR27 on September 13, 2014, 03:56:48 PM
we need a police background check on u, if u not on there naughty list u not trying hard enough.. or send a pm to chris pine

ooh, i'm on their list!

Mr Rizla

Quote from: Trout@TLB on September 18, 2014, 11:55:57 AM
ooh, i'm on their list!
what you on about, your actions started the list in the 1st place

Ben

Hi all,

My name is Ben and I'm a motorcycle instructor for Phoenix motorcycle training so I'm colleagues of Wynne, Sarah and Johny. (I know I need help). I'm ERS trained and going on to advanced soon. Not sure what the next steps are but I'm sure I'll find out soon and I look forward to meeting you in the future  :)

Mr Rizla

Welcome onboard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

STEM

Welcome Mate. Hopefully you will be at the Phoenix Toy Run this year so we can meet up then

Sent via GimpMail usingTapatalk

Johny

Quote from: Ben on November 18, 2015, 07:13:36 PM
Hi all,

My name is Ben and I'm a motorcycle instructor for Phoenix motorcycle training so I'm colleagues of Wynne, Sarah and Johny. (I know I need help). I'm ERS trained and going on to advanced soon. Not sure what the next steps are but I'm sure I'll find out soon and I look forward to meeting you in the future  :)

ll
And now a Grandad too.....

STEM

Fantastic congratulations

Sent via GimpMail usingTapatalk

Keith Williams

Hello All,

I've been in touch with Chris and have signed up with USR. Really looking forward to helping out as much as possible (and as work allows  :( [size=78%])[/size]

Currently riding a Triumph Tiger, that needs a bit of TLC after a stupid topple over after my foot slipped on some oil at a junction. Last weekend I had a jolly through France, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg. Fortunately, foreign speak for 'can you help me lift my bike up' is pretty universal!

It would be great to meet up with an experienced USR member for a chat. I think Chris was going to point someone in my direction, but if anyone is nearby (Maidstone, Kent) it'd be great to meet up.

I've got Zello and Traccar setup on my phone & headset, so now need to look at some advanced training. I think the ERS looks best for me - does anyone know of a good ERS trainer in the Maidstone ish area?

Look forward to meeting you all in the future.
Cheers
Keith
In life, try everything three times...
Once to see if you like it,
A second, to see if you were mistaken the first,
And a third, to see if you tire of it quickly.

TallGuy - USR11

Keith might be worth looking at the IAM group KAMG, one of our former USRs is their chief observer.

Magic Man

Look forward to seeing you in the 'big wide world' Keith :-)

Did my ERS with ART TRAINING (http://www.artmotorcycletraining.co.uk/)  really good guys.  Gave me the confidence to take it a step further (with me I'm going the IAM route but that's not, in any way, denigrating RoSPA - just IAM were nearer). 

"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing."

Shaun C

Hi all,

My name is Shaun and have just joined :D

Where do I find out about meets and training days?

Kind regards
Shaun

RichyRich

Hello all
If you haven't guessed from my user name, I'm Richard, newbie. I'm down in Eastleigh Hampshire, am a local observer with the IAM, and ride a Beemer R1200RT.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't ride for Serv. I'm not sure I'd be compus at work the next day! I don't know how you do it. As age creeps along, so my nights sleep seem to become more erratic, so perhaps it isn't as bad as I imagine.

I'm looking forward to accompanying some of you as I hopefully progress from associate to having an assigned number.

Mr Rizla

Welcome on board

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Magic Man

Welcome to Shaun and Richard. See you out there some time. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing."

Graham Maclean

Welcome to Shaun and Richard. See you at Basingstoke St Michaels Hospice Big wheel charity ride this Sunday 24 July. 8)

Nigel-USR53-SAM/SERV

Quote from: RichyRich on June 17, 2016, 08:26:29 PM
Hello all
If you haven't guessed from my user name, I'm Richard, newbie. I'm down in Eastleigh Hampshire, am a local observer with the IAM, and ride a Beemer R1200RT.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't ride for Serv. I'm not sure I'd be compus at work the next day! I don't know how you do it. As age creeps along, so my nights sleep seem to become more erratic, so perhaps it isn't as bad as I imagine.

I'm looking forward to accompanying some of you as I hopefully progress from associate to having an assigned number.

Hi There im Nigel just up the road in Winchester  USR 53 any thing you want to know feel free to get in touch, and welcome
regards Nigel
GS'ing again!