7th July 2005 Ten Years On

Started by Jeffrey, July 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey

Today is a good day to remember how and why the Unity Support Riders began and to remember the victims of the atrocities committed on that day ten years ago.

It's a pity that we could not have had another Unity Ride to commemorate this event.

Safe riding all.

Mr Rizla

I did make the suggestion however it was pointed out the Police would not be supportive

Julian Barker [Giuliano] USR 10

How things turn out. Ten years ago at just before 9am I was waking up as the news of the bombs was breaking. Today at the same time I was assisting a paramedic remove a motorcycle helmet at a collision in Tooting. Without 7/7 there would be no Unity Ride. Without that there would be no Unity Support Riders. Without that I would never have become qualified in safe helmet removal.

Came across cyclist v motorcyclist A24 in Tooting. Both in bad way. Assisted lone paramedic remove helmet whilst two passing doctors kept the unconscious cyclist alive. I suspect mc had fractured facial bones and neck injuries, cyclist internal bleeding from what I could see. All very traumatic. OK at the scene, suffering psychologically later!

Mr Rizla

And without hesitation u stepped up.. Is what u r and what u do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandma

Really miss not being part of this, now very involved in Advanced Rider Training with IAM, and qualified  IMI National Observer plus Chief Observer Kent Advanced Motorcyclist Group, not nearly as much fun or as rewarding as USR.